Summary of Situation:
The Intervale Center in Burlington, Vermont seeks a complete-time (close to 30 to 35 hours for each week) Personnel Accountant to join our mission-primarily based, dynamic corporation. The primary responsibility of this new position is to offer excellent economical guidance to the whole organization via a very organized every month, quarterly, and yearly near process, oversee accounts receivable, aid retain the typical ledger, insurance policies, and economical data in an exact and GAAP compliant manner, and guidance payroll and personnel gains administration. This placement has prospective to increase as our group proceeds to spend in potent finance, human resources, business administration, and devices enhancement. An excellent candidate has at least 4 decades of accounting or financial administration practical experience, seeks continual enhancements and streamlines procedures, is element oriented, and is thrilled to be part of an existing staff of finance professionals.
Roles and Obligations:
Responsibilities include but are not constrained to:
- Put together several month-stop recurring and non-recurring journal entries, such as maintaining supporting schedules.
- Reconcile assigned bank and typical ledger accounts on a well timed basis.
- Oversee Accounts Receivable including publishing of numerous month-to-month reconciliations, managing money receipts course of action, and accumulating on overdue receivables.
- Handle payroll and benefits together with entry of new staff knowledge into the payroll processing program, periodic updates to the payroll method, and administration of worker advantages. Dependable for operating payroll for the firm two times a month.
- Oversee services bookkeeping operate and cross-educate to serve as backup.
- With the Finance Director, constantly improve accounting software program and units, and develop and update procedure documents as needed.
- Retain internal accounting-related controls, kinds, and procedures, and supply educational assistance to team as desired.
- Be certain and fortify the proper circulation and structure of procedures and information according to the Accounting Coverage and internal procedures.
- With the Finance Director, aid the once-a-year fiscal statement audit.
- Help the Finance Director with evaluation, reports, and other initiatives on an as-essential basis.
- 4 a long time of accounting or money management expertise, ideally in a non-profit location.
- Degree in accounting, finance, small business management, or associated degree in addition applicable function encounter.
- Payroll and Worker Benefit management knowledge a additionally.
- Understanding and compliance with GAAP specifications and grant reporting.
- Great analytical and summary reasoning abilities, in addition outstanding organization abilities.
- Distinct and concise conversation techniques and ability to make associations.
- In a position to perform most accounting features in a really specific and exact fashion.
- Proficient with QuickBooks and Microsoft Place of work purposes, especially Excel.
- High diploma of trustworthiness and confidentiality.
The place stays open until finally crammed and starts straight away. Payment is $24-29 for every hour commensurate with knowledge, and contains an great positive aspects offer (health, dental, eyesight), CTO, Ill-Time, and wellness benefits. This is a hybrid position dependent in Burlington, Vermont with some distant perform attainable.
The Intervale Center is an Equivalent Prospect Employer that values variety of working experience, background, and standpoint to enrich our function. Purposes by members of all underrepresented groups are inspired. Open to taking into consideration candidates with special expert encounter that may well vary from the higher than qualifications but meet the requires of the posture. To apply, make sure you ship a deal with letter, resume, and a few references to work [email protected]