Source code for Redwood 1., unveiled April 4, is accessible on GitHub. Also acknowledged as RedwoodJS, the framework leverages capabilities from a number of technologies, like the Respond, GraphQL, TypeScript, the Jest screening framework, and the Storybook UI component builder.
A Redwood app is a Respond entrance stop speaking with a customized GraphQL API, with the API making use of the Prisma object-relational mapper. By earning a good deal of decisions for the person, the opinionated Redwood framework claims to free up developers to target on specializing their apps.
Redwood was co-launched by GitHub co-founder Tom Preston-Werner. Jamstack-type improvement is supplied for both serverless and traditional infrastructure. Integrated options in Redwood are intended to permit faster, iterative workflows in which builders catch bugs earlier and far more generally, deploy a lot more swiftly, and scale growth when all set.
Redwood 1. functions include:
- Opinionated defaults for formatting, file firm, Webpack, and Babel.
- Routing with dynamic parameters, customized varieties, and named route functions.
- Computerized web site-primarily based code-splitting.
- Cells that provide a declarative way to fetch facts from the back again-stop API.
- Generators for webpages, layouts, cells, SDL, and providers.
- Sorts with shopper-side or server-side validation and mistake-managing.
- Very hot-reloading.
- Database (GraphQL again finish) and facts migrations.
Copyright © 2022 IDG Communications, Inc.